Saturday, March 17, 2012

peanut butter pinecones

The weather has been so amazing lately, Charli & I have spent a lot of time outside.  On Tuesday evening she was finding pinecones for me.  With each one she picked up, she was so pleased with herself, so I decided it was time to do our first project together!  We were going to make pinecone bird feeders.  I tried to think out logistically how this was going to go to avoid as much mess as I could, but of course, with a toddler, that's impossible!  I thought if I spread the peanut butter on the pinecones, she could sprinkle the seeds on.  That worked for a little while, but then she put her seed-covered hand in her mouth.  After that, I just rolled the peanut buttery pinecones in the seeds & she just dunked her hands in the peanut butter jar & ate!  They turned out pretty well and I think the birds will be happy!  Someday I'm sure she'll be ready to do projects like this, I just need to be patient!


 Yum!

 Our completed bird feeders

 My peanut butter cutie

A quick pretend ride on daddy's tractor after she's all clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment