Wednesday, August 24, 2011

my big girl

Charli is officially a walker!  I was so happy today, I cried!  She has been receiving physical therapy for not even two months yet, and she's walking!  She wasn't moving at all two months ago.  One thing I think God has been teaching me throughout the difficulties I've been experiencing with Charli is just to love her for who she is.  She is her own little person, that He created.  She isn't going to be who I think she should be, so I need to love her as she is.  As a teacher, I knew every child in my classroom was different.  They learned differently, had different gifts and abilities, and even looked different!  As a mom, though, I expected Charli to be just like every other baby.  So many times this year I have been brought to tears because Charli wasn't where I thought she should be physically, but it's a blessing to be able to look back and see God's hand working in every situation to bring me closer to my little girl throughout all we've been through together.  I want to thank everyone who has been praying for us and thinking about us.  God is good!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you're happy, and that Charli is doing well!

    My experience as a mother is teaching me many things. One of the biggest lessons I am learning is not to judge others and to be sensitive. I'm still learning this, but I know that everyone has their struggles and challenges, some of which are visible and some that are invisible to others. Each parent is given special unique spirits to care for.

    You have a beautiful little family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS--I love Charli's words on the side :)

    ReplyDelete