Wednesday, July 6, 2011

mommy knows best

I had heard of mother's intuition, but only recently have been able to say that I understand what it is.  I had posted a month or so ago about my concerns & discouragement about Charli not moving around like she should be.  She was finally able to be evaluated today, and just as I had expected, her gross motor skills are way below where they should be.  She does qualify for services and will be seeing a physical therapist once a week.  I feel relieved to know that I wasn't crazy.  Everybody kept telling me that she was fine, but I knew she wasn't.  Now I feel like with the help of the pt, she will be fine.  I feel very encouraged.  On a more positive note, they did find her personal-social score to be very high!  This is not a surprise at all!  This sweet little girl is such a social butterfly! 

1 comment:

  1. Mother ALWAYS knows best! I know exactly how you feel. When Jocelyn qualified for speech I felt validated as well. It wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear, but like you said, at least I knew I wasn't crazy! I'm so glad Charli is going to get the PT and you took those necessary steps so she can get what she needs! Good job Mama! Charli's so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete